Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hunt and Pack

[ Still adding thank yous below...]

My mission today is to hit the local thrift shops in search of one more giant suitcase -- I sure hope the airlines still allow two checked pieces of luggage per passenger as the two trunks, two enormous backpacks, and large suitcase I presently have stuffed just aren't enough -- and to find Jorge two pair of pants that he just now, after we’ve been here almost an entire month, and with less than twenty-four hours remaining prior to departure, decided he absolutely must have.

Besides of course our hosts, my mother-in-law (Gabby) and my parents (Nana and Papa) who put up with the mess and noise and expense of four extra people for nearly a month, I would like to say thank you (in no particular order) to the following:

The anonymous host of “ed”, the wireless connection that appears in my mother-in-law’s condo when my laptop is placed on the floor between the couch and the coffee table, even if it requires typing and surfing one-handed in a prone position.

The Boca Grande moms and dads who gathered their kids together for a great day at the beach and pool. The kids were glad to see their old classmates.

Betty, for having Elle sleep over. She was so happy to spend some time with you and S and it gave me some much-needed time to get organized.

Diane, for having Grice and Sarabelle over for a couple days and taking them to the homeschool park day, I accomplished a lot in that time, and the extra suitcase is definitely appreciated.

Chris, Housesitter, and now Hostess, Extraordinaire, for all you do but especially for inviting the office over for drinks after work; and everybody who came. It was a treat to see you all. I miss you guys.

Carol, for lunch and the nice visit. Come on down! Seriously.

Robert at Royal India and Gul and Hassan at Istanbul for your hospitality and outstanding food. We really miss being able to drop by for dinner several times a week.

Uncle B and Aunt J for the night at the ballet, the girls had a delightful time. J, we’re so sorry we didn’t have more time to visit with you, hope you’re feeling better soon.

Julie S., you totally pulled it off! Good on ya mate! It was so much fun to get together with you and the girls (and the guys and the boys too.) I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Aunt J and Uncle J., for the extra suitcases when the thrift shops didn't pan out. Elle had the best time with Uncle J at lunch Sunday. Be sure to email some pictures!


Hello, I must be going!

-- Phil Collins

No comments: