Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Monday

Yesterday was Easter. It was a rather chilly, blustery day, Jorge worked, the girls discovered treats at the foot of their beds in the morning and gorged on candy all day. I nursed a cold, wrote a bit, read more, and drank gallons of hot tea snuggled under a wool blanket.

Today is Easter Monday. I'm not sure what to make of this other than, for most people, it's a day off work. Ash Wednesday, Palm Sunday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, I understand those, but Easter Monday? I am going to celebrate that there was no new ant infestation in the kitchen this morning. I hope it will be a regular holiday.


They don't mind it; it's a regular holiday to them -- all porter and skittles.

-- Charles Dickens (Pickwick Papers)

4 comments:

Rebel said...

Happy Easter! Hope you get over your cold soon.
Rebel

Dy said...

Easter Monday? Is that the day Jesus recovered from a chocolate overload? I like it!

Happy Easter Monday!

I love it when you blog semi-regularly. :-)

Dy

Dy said...

OK, lady, if you're not going to blog more often than QUARTERLY, you could at least email with the occasional, "Hillbillies alive and well in the Outback."

Dy

Portable Graffiti said...

I agree with DY whoever she or he is.

I want to hear from you too.

Miss you all.

Hugs,
Judy