Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Soon

Not quite done packing, though with the movers coming tomorrow I'd better get on it, don't you think? I've only given myself about a month to pack, and every day of the month I accomplished some small packing-related task, but the truth is I work better with a real tight deadline. I've still got one whole day (minus the time to complete one hundred or so other errands), so no worries, she'll be right. Friday and Saturday night we are staying at a friend's house so I can get the place here cleaned up. Sunday the girls and I will take the dogs down to Cairns to prepare them for their trip and we will overnight in town. Our friend will be driving down sometime Sunday with the balance of our luggage. Then early Monday morning we're off.

Here are a few things, besides all the people you've seen in previous photos, that I will miss, in no particular order:

The best yoghurt we've ever tasted.

Angela and Fraser's Sugarworks, and especially Angela. The best mocha (pronounced by locals variously MOE ka, MOCK a, and even MOE cha) and friendliest service in the region. Check out the gallery for our buddy Grub.

The views from my kitchen...





...and bedroom/livingroom windows...





...the architecture...



...and letting the kids go wild. This was last Saturday when a bunch of them floated down Bushy Creek from Churchill...





...to Verri's...



...A three hour trip with no adult supervision.

And these guys, our friends and neighbors, the ones who pointed us in this lovely direction and found our first rental house for us, and their heavenly fresh squeezed juices at the Port Douglas Markets.



Ah well, back to packing, I suppose.


“Don't be dismayed at goodbyes, a farewell is necessary before you can meet again and meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.

-- Richard Bach

2 comments:

hornblower said...

Hey, stop packing for a moment & come admire your pretty butterfly award:
http://hmsindefatigable.blogspot.com/2008/12/ooooh-shiny-with-butterfly-too.html

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos.

Safe travels!