Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Big Eight-One



Monday is a holiday and the kids are off school. In case you didn't know, it's Queen Elizabeth's birthday. Go ahead, click on the link (last year's, I know, but they should be updating it soon) and send Her Majesty your birthday greetings (and maybe Charles your sympathies.)

I must say, Camilla looks smashing, doesn't she?

Being an Anglophile, this is one holiday I can really appreciate.


God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen:
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the Queen.

-- Unknown

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Happy Birthday to the Queen!

I consider myself an Anglophile too, but the last time I watched Lady Jane Grey, I decided I would not be so romantic about England.

They certainly have plenty of warts, too!
Namely those awful Kings!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the bad Eglish teeth...what's up with that? This photo kills me - the girl seems to be making $$, why can't she fix her teeth?
http://icydk.com/2007/05/10/amy-youre-missing-a-tooth/

Anonymous said...

This gave me a great laugh. I have begun practising "saying no" so by the time the invitation to be on the home school advisory panel arrived, I was readily able to say no.

I haven't dropped off the planet L, have just been busy trying to hide from my husband who also complains that I spend way too much time on the computer!

Let's catch up in the person.