Monday, July 02, 2007

Get your motor runnin'...

Jorge is off buying a tent and a couple extra swags, while I, rather than spending time dawdling on the computer, am supposed to be washing the dog and her pet futon cover because we're all going camping.

Due to our chronic disorganization -- the school holidays are half over and we were able to get the car inspected and serviced only yesterday -- and the acute lack of hotel accomodations, and particularly ones that accept dogs, and our reluctance to dump Lulu at a kennel, and, let's face it, our budget, we are just now, all six of us, heading off for a mini, less-is-more vacation.

I'm a little nervous. I've roughed it with Jorge, and Jorge has taken the girls on several soft camping trips of his own, but I have never camped with the children.

This ought to be fun.


We should come home from adventures, and perils, and discoveries every day with new experience and character.

-- Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

Portable Graffiti said...

I wish I was going camping. I love camping.

Ahhh I can smell the campfire, the roasting marshmallows, bacon sizzling in the morning over an open fire.

Coffee, don't forget the coffee. Have fun!

But we'll just be home, me and Kate and watching the neighbor's fireworks across the road.

Becky said...

I think that my first comment got eaten, rats.

I said something along the lines of you guys always turning less-is-more into hugely great :). Have fun!

Coincidentally just bought a tent today for the kids to camp in the backyard, now that the nights are warm enough (dry enough is another matter). It's large enough that if we go camping, it'll sleep the whole family.

Husband is almost ready to build our fire pit, which is the best of both worlds for me -- campfires AND my own bed :)

Portable Graffiti said...

Camping pictures yet? Or are you still camping?