Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tip

If you are ever residing in Australia and need to make changes to your utility accounts and are an "Authorized Person" on the account but not the actual account "Owner," and apparently not authorized enough to actually make changes to said account -- similar to being qualified enough to enter the country under the Skilled Independent Migration category but not qualified enough to hold a job in your field of expertise -- for "Privacy Reasons" and "Security Issues," I highly recommend impersonating the account owner over the telephone. Affecting a foreign accent, or exaggerating your own might be particularly effective.


I'm not really a political satirist. I don't kid myself. I'm more interested in doing the mannerisms and the personality.

--Rich Little


Honesty is praised and starves.

-- Juvenal

1 comment:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Been there, done that, here in the states as well. The real bitch of it was that *I* was even the person who set up the account-- in Ernie's name-- but they wouldn't allow me to close it. Well, eventually they did, but I had to get very, very loud before that happened.